Sunday 8 September 2013

My Summer D.I.Y's + Creations (Shanice)

As some of you guys already know, I've been pretty busy during my endless summer doing lots of D.I.Y's. Simply because 1) I'M ADDICTED!! 2) Because it keeps me busy and I lurrrrv it.

I've had so many ideas on what to create. So I transferred them from my mind and onto some fabric. I'm gonna show you some of the seen and unseen finished products! Hope you like them as much as I do :) 
Make sure you go all the way down to the bottom because this is a huge post. 


#1 - I call this 'The Martian Crop Top'.
 Why? Because it's got a shiny silver leopard print fabric that has a sci-fi element to it. 
I was inspired to make this from this sequin crop top from Nasty Gal a couple months ago. Although I didn't get lots of sequins, I thought this shiny fabric was close enough.
I haven't worn this yet, but I would definitely tone it down with simple plain items seeing as it is such a statement already.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2 - The 'Mars Dust Top'.
This was just a plain black jersey top from Primark that was gathering dust in my closet. 
HOW: I decided to reverse tie-dye it with a 2:1 bleach and water solution (not too much). Creating this red/orange tie-dye effect!
 I think it turned out pretty good for my first time, and its a great way to spice up any plain top.
-A tutorial may be available by voting in the comments-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#3 - 'Puffy Crew Neck Jumper'
This was made using a soft - slightly foamy - fabric, and my stretchy silver leopard print fabric. 
My inspiration was a similar one on Romwe with a galaxy print. But I wasn't willing to pay a lot of money so I made my own for £5 (fabric costs).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#4 - Cute 'Plaid Collar Crop Top'
This really cute creation was inspired by the movie Clueless and the 'Rogue Top' by Deandri, but the arm whole is more scooped in, and the collar is lower. Also with the back longer than the front 
I made this as a request from a close friend of mine. Made in a size Small.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 - My 'Plain Zip Front Pencil Skirt'
One of my favourite creations! I actually have worn this a lot, it goes perfect with my crop top obsession.
I already mentioned in my previous post (HERE) that this was inspired by a Nasty Gal skirt.
 I was intrigued by the diagonal zip so I made that the key detail. I also thought to add a belt cuz.. you know.. belts are awesome. 
-A tutorial may be available soon by voting in the comments-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#6 - 'Distressed Jeans'
This is pretty self explanatory. I added slits and shreds to my plain old blue skinny jeans. I really needed some distressed jeans, and did it to a pair of old jeans without sacrifice and digging into my savings. 
There are a couple techniques on how to get them done neatly or rough, BUT you could always just toss them to the Rottweiler down the street.
-A tutorial may be available soon by voting in the comments-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#7 - 'Swirl Print Pinafore Dress'
You most of you guys have probably seen this dress in a post before (HERE). But this took me ages!
I remember last wearing a pinafore in primary school, and the preppy look has come back again. I saw these everywhere and I needed one for myself seeing as I don't really wear dresses on a casual day.
I like them because it's super easy to put an outfit together, just adding a top, cute shoes and you're all set.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for checking out my post! Don't forget to vote in the comments for which of the 3 items you would like to see a tutorial on! (#2 or #5 or #6)

6 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SO AWESOME!
    you are such an inspiration to me. I wish i could think of things and create things like you do :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are actually so talented!
    I love everything you make.
    i pic #2 and #5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i love all of these. It is not easy to vote for one or two
    Great job

    Will you like to follow each-other

    http://sandysandhu.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-birthday-outfit.html#.UjypwMasiSo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey sandy! haha thanks :D
      Yes sure, i just did :)
      Really love your accessories btw xx

      Delete

Don't be affraid to let us know what y'all think. And thanks for commenting if you did! xx

If you like this, share / follow / like <3